Are you dancing at home right now?

Home Forums Dance Other Are you dancing at home right now?

Tagged: 

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Bibi.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Daan
      Keymaster

Tradional African DanceSo, most of us are stuck at home, bursting with energy. What do you do about it? Are you dancing at home?

Post a link to a video of you dancing and tell us what dance you’re doing, why you chose this dance and where you learned it.

Bibi
      Participant

Yes, I am, always, haha! But no African dances just yet, cos I don’t know any… But looking forward to seeing video’s and learning from you all <3

Daan
      Keymaster

Hi Bibi, there are plenty video’s online, especially now when people are stuck at home.

I posted this video a few days back at our youtube channel, check it out and dance along 🙂

The teacher is John Kayongo (https://www.tuka-tuka.com/teachers/john-kayongo/).

Have fun!

Bibi
      Participant

Thanks Daan! I love it how uplifting this rhythm is. I wish I could say I picked the movements up right away, but I’m afraid that wasn’t the case. Think I might be overthinking it. Am gonna keep at it though 🙂

Kurt M
      Participant

So it’s going to be djembe, dunun and dance 🙂 (just saw your about choosing the right instrument to start with @bibi )

Kurt M
      Participant

And the video is amazing! John Kayongo must be a great teacher @tukadaan.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Kurt M.
      Bibi
      Participant

Yep, you’re right, @kurtm! Guess I’m gonna be VERY busy 😉

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.